- Travel and Tourism is the nee frontier that plays a critical role in the World’s economy today.
- It is the peace bridge that keeps people connected-Thus, tourism facilitate peace rather than a security threat.
- The 1.2 billion international travelers realized in 2015, are all peace ambassadors from various wonderful tourism brands around the world.
- None of them arrived brandishing a gun, but were decorated with disarming smiles and expectations of excellent hospitality.
- Thus, tourism is a vehicle for trust and goodwill, strengthening cultural understanding which can change attitudes of different groups, and build peace.
- In Zimbabwe-Tourism is recognised in successive economic blue prints as an economic pillar and it is under the Value Addition and Beneficiation Cluster of ZIMASSET
- President signed the UNWTO’s Golden Book on Tourism in 2013-which is the highest commitment to the sector by any Government. As the Chair of the UNWTO Regional Commission for Africa, I implore other Governments to consider signing the Golden Book.